Loading...
1/06/2014

New Year Tidings

The countdown had just been completed and the hugs and kisses were given. A stranger walked into the back door.  He stopped at my husband and I to wish us a Happy New Year.  I assumed that he was jubilant with the festive atmosphere and would move on to other people and wish them a Happy New Year as well.  Oh no. Not this guy.  He was literally feeling the spirit.

He slurred his words just slightly and spoke in an increasing cadence while he shared that we are all loved by the higher being he believes in.  No matter what we have done this being loves each and every one of us, we should remember that and find him.  I don't recall his exact words and not all of the sentences made sense.  He mainly just kept repeating himself over and over. In the past when I have had someone approach me like this it is not uncommon for them to end with a request of something from me (money, drink, cigarette, etc.). It often seems a set up to make someone feel guilty and then give them an opportunity to redeem themselves by helping out someone.  I kept waiting for that but it never came.  He had my full attention but I didn't know what to say to him so I just kept nodding my head.  There was just one phrase that kept running through my mind but for that moment in time the filter was working at keeping my quiet and I just allowed him to share his truth. He turned and the steps he took away from us had him just moments from becoming lost in the crowd.  My filter shut off. I called out, "May the force be with you!"





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Toggle Footer
TOP