Loading...
4/21/2014

Mirror, Mirror Can't You See All The Beauty Around Me...

Tonight I stumbled on this video and I felt compelled to share it.  While I don't have a daughter I am still very familiar with the words that we women have spoken to our younger selves and that we speak to each other. Those words are intended to be advice, encouragement, warnings, and suggestions.  It's the words that have been passed down from generation to generation and they all center around beauty.  While I watched this video I heard echos of those words going through my head that were said to me during my years and it gave me reason to pause and rethink the root of the words.  When we stop to reflect on what we consider beauty and how we got to that definition of it we can begin a conversation that allows us to redefine what beauty really is.  I love some of these projects that Dove is doing!




Next
This is the most recent post.
Older Post

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Toggle Footer
TOP